Or at least Shannon Day, who blogs at Martinis & Motherhood, likes me. She’s nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks, Shannon, for choosing me to participate! (No, we’re not related as far as we know – no nepotism here.)
The award requires me to share 11 random facts about myself in the unlikely event that you are interested. My truly random facts:
- I was born in Arizona but have lived my whole life on or near the frozen tundra.
- I studied Broadcast Communication in college – did you even know that was a major?
- One of my bucket list items is to travel to Africa and go on safari, which I’ve done.
- Another is to go to the Metropolitan Opera in NY, which I have not done.
- I once edited a taped Tom Cruise interview at a radio station to remove all his “ums” and other verbal pauses.
- And I met Eddie Rabbit. Don’t you want to party with me now?
- My children can trace their heritage back to at least 8 different European countries. So they look like no one except each other.
- Past employers have gifted me with both a picture of one of my bosses posting bail and a subpoena from the FTC.
- I can stand on my head for up to 4 minutes.
- I eat kale nearly every single day because I actually like it.
- 3 of the 5 members of my household are Pisces so nothing ever gets done around here.
Shannon also provided her own 11 questions for me to answer:
- What is the strangest food you’ve eaten? I’m sure a lot of the food I eat sounds strange, but perhaps the weirdest was an omelette made with an ostrich egg at POSH in Scottsdale, AZ.
- What do you cook that your kids love? Believe it or not, kale chips – even the picky kid likes them, and tries to foist them on his friends.
- What’s your exercise of choice? Yoga, preferably Iyengar style.
- Where is your ideal vacation spot? Any beach on the Caribbean.
- How long have you been blogging? Three years in June.
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written thus far? My favorite post was What am I wearing? The black sweater, of course because I heard from so many other women who owned and loved a ratty, black sweater.
- What are your guilty pleasures? Afternoon naps, super-dark chocolate, and coconut-covered dates.
- What gets you down? Driving in rush-hour traffic so I almost never do it.
- What makes you happy? A lazy afternoon and a good book. A rare combo around here.
- What’s your beverage of choice? Black Arts Cellars Le Toille produced by the world’s greatest vintner and brother-in-law.
- What’s the best thing about being you? I have the time to blog, of course!
Part of this honor is to pass it on to deserving others. I nominate the following bloggers to receive the Liebster Award:
Joy at Journeys of the Fabulist
Jean at Mama Schmama
Caroline at Not Enough Wine in the World
Mo at Momfeld
Sarah at The Sadder but Wiser Girl
If you choose to accept, please complete the tasks as set below. It takes a little bit of time but it’s fun and you get to mingle with fellow bloggers and share your blog with their followers.
Here are the questions for the fabulous bloggers I’ve nominated:
- If you could be any celebrity, who would you be?
- If you could be any profession, what would you be?
- What’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled?
- Do you come from a big family, or a small one?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you still blog the same sort of content that you did when you started out?
- Do you write anything else besides your blog?
- Where did you last vacation?
- Do you have pets? What kind?
- What’s your favorite ethnic food?
- If you had a free afternoon, would you prefer to go to a museum or a movie?
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post (like this one) which includes the following:
- Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
- Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers
- *Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
- Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.
Thanks, nominees, for the great reading!