Well, here it is the New Year again, that magic moment when we are supposed to drop all our bad habits and institute perfect new ones. Are you a natural at this? I’m not. And frankly, by January I’m exhausted. We’ve just been through six frenzied weeks of either celebrating holidays or preparing for holidays. We’ve had guests come and go. And to top it all off, the New Year in Minnesota is dark. And cold. How do you choose the right route in that frame of mind?
Most of us from time to time will reach a point where we are unsure how to act or proceed. Not sure how to go forward? Here are my proposed resolutions for the irresolute, for those times when you just don’t know what to do. Feel free to co-opt one or all.
- I resolve to get some data so I can reduce the guesswork about which way to proceed.
- I resolve to trust my intuition – if something feels like the right course of action, I will take it.
- I resolve to ask my customers if I have a question about my products or services.
- I resolve to ask someone for help if I cannot make my decisions alone.
- I resolve to remember that if I make a mistake I can take actions to correct it.
- I resolve to forgive myself for not always having the right answer.
- I resolve to use hindsight as a tool to learn, not beat myself up for the decisions I’ve made.
Happy New Year, everybody. I wish you peace, prosperity, and joy.
Have a resolution (past or present) that you’d like to share?