I know, carpe diem and all that stuff, but some days just don’t warrant a lot of enthusiasm. Ever wish you could go back to bed for an hour and wake up to a second start? Here’s some signs that might send you back to that still-warm pair of pajamas.
10 signs your day is off to a rough start:
- The cat has thrown up in your shoe.
- You forgot to put the pot on the coffeemaker before you started it and are now cleaning up Lake Dark Roast.
- You have a voicemail from the school principal.
- You’re late and you’re out of gas OR it’s -8 and you’re out of gas OR all of the above.
- The day’s school lunch offering is something your kids call “that stuff that bounces when you drop it.”
- Three members of your household have asked you a question that started with the phrase, “Have you seen my…”
- You have to iron.
- The only thing you can find for your breakfast is a granola bar that came free in the Sunday newspaper delivery.
- Your child leaves a musical instrument that cost more than your first car at the bus stop.
- Your black sweater is in the wash.
For any of you who are counting, this list includes five unplanned errands or chores and two rolls of paper towels. Not that I’m counting.
Some days are better than others, and some improve as the day goes on. I hope for you this is one of them.
What unbelievable obstacles will you overcome today?