Lavender oil is a marvelous substance, good for all kinds of things. True, if you use it often you might start imagining yourself in a drafty English cottage, but that seems like a small price to pay. Here are some of the uses I’ve found for lavender oil:
- Can’t sleep? Dab a little on the pillow.
- Kids can’t sleep? Dab a drop or two on a favorite stuffed animal, or tuck a tissue with a few drops on it next to them in the bed. (This puts my kids out in minutes, even now that they’re teens.)
- Stressful day? Put a few drops in the bath.
- Clothes sit in the washer a little too long? Put a few drops on a washcloth and throw the whole lot in the dryer.
- Muscle aches and pains? Rub a few drops into the sore muscle.
- Musty basement? It’ll freshen that up too.
I’ve also used it in homemade cleaning solution, and in bug spray to cut the smell of the citronella. Here are some other great ideas from a site I particularly like, Veriditas Botanicals.
It’s just an all-around handy thing to have. Anyone else using it? More ideas welcome!
Tomorrow…M is for Mashed Potatoes
Read the series at A is for About