Life is busy. Life is stressful. And even though summer is a time to relax and enjoy the outdoors, the reality is you still have to go to work, clean the house, pay the bills, deal with the ups and downs of a life. My summer bucket list is simple. I want to:
- Sit for a few moments with my face to the sun.
- Enjoy a glass of wine or two with a friend.
- Arrange some flowers from my garden for the house.
- Watch the deer in my yard without worrying about what they’re eating.
- Enjoy the green around me, even if some of it is weeds.
- Read a good book. Or two. Or six.
- Share an evening meal on the porch with my family.
- Experience a few moments of pure, uncompromised joy.
It’s not too much to ask. Is it?
This is a post for the SITS Girls “Stop the Summer Slump” challenge