Better late than never, right? It’s time for one last Fitness 5 on Friday, a link-up courtesy of JVKom Chronicles. This week, Jen asked us:
1. Have you ever taken a fitness class? Not a general fitness class, although I’ve taken yoga and dance classes.
2. Why do you workout? I’m a health nut, and exercise is an important part of a health regime. It helps me sleep, maintain strength and flexibility, and relieve stress.
3. What is your biggest motivator? I just plain feel better after I exercise. I try to stick to activities I really enjoy – if it’s something I don’t like, I’ll avoid it.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from? The teachers at my yoga studio are incredible people. In addition to holding regular classes, they teach individuals with disabilities, returning vets with post traumatic stress disorder, and others with special needs. They are upbeat, positive, and generous with themselves.
5. Do you have routine physicals? (it’s very important to check your health). Yes, but I’m not as good about it as I could be. Definitely an area I need to work on.
Thanks again, Jen, for another fun month of link-ups. Visit her site, JVKom Chronicles, to join the Friday 5 linkup and read other posts.
For June, Jen at JVKom Chronicles is asking us a series of fitness questions, making it very easy to produce a Friday blog post. Thanks, Jen! Here are my answers to this week’s questions:
1. How many minutes of cardio did you do this week? Only about 60. Meant to do more but didn’t manage it, unless going up and down the stairs with baskets of laundry counts.
2. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. You’d think I’d do nothing but yoga all day long as much as I enjoy it, but I’m too busy feeling guilty for not doing more cardio.
3. How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Not enough. One of the things that helps me drink more is infusing it with fruit or herbs. Some of my favorite combinations: strawberry/mint, lemon/basil, and strawberry/ginger. Raspberries are good, too, but as my daughter found out you can create alcohol quite quickly if you leave them in your infuser too long. (I think her water bottle violated the school’s zero tolerance policy.)
4. What is your favorite healthy snack? Chocolate – just kidding. I like to spread goat cheese and olive tapenade on crackers or flatbread and top it with sliced cucumber, peppers and tomatoes. It’s fabulous. I think I’ll go make some right now.
5. What’s your favorite athletic shoe? My favorite pair ever was a shoe made by ecco, but they apparently burned the mold after I bought the only pair. I tend to roll to the outside of my foot which limits my options. The last time I shopped for shoes I had to go to a specific store and they only had two different shoes I could wear, both ugly. I bought one of them, but only after the salesperson agreed to swap out the garish laces for a nice, boring gray pair (to go with my ugly sweatshirt).
Visit JVKom Chronicles to join the Friday 5 linkup or read other posts.