Better late than never, right? It’s time for one last Fitness 5 on Friday, a link-up courtesy of JVKom Chronicles. This week, Jen asked us:
1. Have you ever taken a fitness class? Not a general fitness class, although I’ve taken yoga and dance classes.
2. Why do you workout? I’m a health nut, and exercise is an important part of a health regime. It helps me sleep, maintain strength and flexibility, and relieve stress.
3. What is your biggest motivator? I just plain feel better after I exercise. I try to stick to activities I really enjoy – if it’s something I don’t like, I’ll avoid it.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from? The teachers at my yoga studio are incredible people. In addition to holding regular classes, they teach individuals with disabilities, returning vets with post traumatic stress disorder, and others with special needs. They are upbeat, positive, and generous with themselves.
5. Do you have routine physicals? (it’s very important to check your health). Yes, but I’m not as good about it as I could be. Definitely an area I need to work on.
Thanks again, Jen, for another fun month of link-ups. Visit her site, JVKom Chronicles, to join the Friday 5 linkup and read other posts.
It’s Friday, and time for another Fitness 5 on Friday link-up courtesy of JVKom Chronicles. This week, Jen posed these questions:
1. What is your favorite time of day to workout? Morning, for sure. The farther I get into the day, the less likely I am to get that workout in.
2. What is your favorite Super Food? I think I like them all, actually, but I eat almonds and kale almost every day. My kids will eat at least a head of kale a day if I make it into chips. (They’ll also eat it in a salad).
3. What are some of your fitness goals? I want to keep my strength and mobility as I age, because I want to be able to do those all-important things like lug a vacuum cleaner up the stairs. I used to have a lot of trouble with my back, but it is in really good shape now and I want to keep it that way.
4. What is your favorite vegetable? I love beets, also acorn squash, kale, avocados…actually, it’s a long list. I prefer vegetables to fruits.
5. What is something fitness or health related that you’d like to work on? I am a yoga fan, and this year I’ve been working on learning to love headstand again. Adding strength training to my routine has really improved some of my yoga poses, including this one.
Visit JVKom Chronicles to join the Friday 5 linkup or read other posts.
I’m late with my link-up for the Fitness 5 on Friday. The kids’ summer break wreaks havoc on my schedule – my workout schedule, too. Here are my answers for this week’s link-up:
1. What is your least favorite exercise and why? I hate to run, even though I want to love it. I have crabby knees and I’ve accepted that running is never going to be my thing. I can jog a little, but that’s it.
2. What is your resting heart beats per minute? (to calculate count your pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4). Low typically, around 60. Last year when I was hooked up to a machine during a medical test I set off an alarm because it was only 55. (The nurse was not alarmed.)
3. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with company? Both. I love classes, but then I don’t get out much and I like the social factor.
4. What is your go to exercise outfit? Yoga pants and the t-shirt of the day from Old Navy. I am a fashion wonder!
5. Think about this time last year. Are you more or less active than you were a year ago? About the same. But with the kids off school it’s a challenge to stay on a schedule. I find I sit a lot more in the summer, but at least it’s usually at the beach.
Hope you’re all having a fabulous, fit weekend. Ours is full of baseball (unless it rains) and a dance recital (rain or no). Happy Saturday!